Monday, February 13, 2012

Compare/Contrast the 2 websites you created. How are they different and how are they the same? What adjustments did you have to make from the first to the 2nd site?

The first main obstacle I had to face was not to be so afraid of try to do anything on Expressions.  I was extremely hesitant to make a mistake.   The template I choose was the Organization #3 with only four pages.  While on Wix, I was not so hesitant of making mistakes and even made a big error in which the result was that I had to start all over again.  I picked a template that was not for a home sale but it was for a photography web site, with five pages.  It worked great!  There are two major Comparisons and Contrast for Wix and Expressions:
Photo
On Expression I had to resize each picture to fit the appropriate space (W- 292, H 220) and each page had its special picture, not all of the page like I originally wanted but it worked.  For the Photo Gallery page, I made a collage of each room of the house.  Each picture was linked to a bigger size of the original image.  That was a tedious job, having to upload each picture and make it a hot spot and link each and every one of them.   I was not happy with the options I had for my pictures from the template I choose.  My pictures are extremely important to my web site, since it has to do with the sale of my house, I was a tad disappointed.   Even though I changed the original template to accommodate my pictures, still I was not happy.  On Wix, I also had to resize my pictures, but it was much easier because the template was exactly what I had envisioned.  My pictures seemed to just flow from each and every page, making it look fantastic.  On the Home page I had a big size of the front of my house, the exact way I wanted.  My Photo Gallery page was amazing!   Even though I came across a problem on the photo gallery in which I had to starch the whole thing from scratch.  The help they had on Wix was good, but it was really “trial and error” for me to achieve my desired photo gallery, once I figured it out it was easier than I originally thought. 
Content
The template I choose for Expressions was great with the content.  I was able to open my word document and copy and paste my content to my template in Expressions.  I had no problems in this area; it was easy to change the heading size and maneuver the content to fit each page.  As for Wix, I was amazed with the size of the template for my content.  It was modern and looked sophisticated.  One of the pages that were extremely different from Expressions was the Photo Gallery page.  The pictures were on a carousel of photos and once you had your courser on the picture, the image would darken a little so the information about the picture would be legible.  There I was able to put each room size and anything I wanted about the picture so the viewer would have the information right away.   That is one of the biggest differences between Wix and Expressions.  Wix is modern, slick and sophisticated with many different choices of templates to choose from.  My contact page also looked better on Wix, because as for my background I had another picture of one of my rooms.  The information content was exactly the same on both, but it looked much better on Wix. 
Meanwhile my Home Page on Wix was just to show the main picture of the house (which I used the same picture on the home page for Expressions) and all of the labels were on the bottom.  The content appeared on the About Page, on the upper right.  On Expressions, the labels were also on the bottom of the page, and the Home Page had information about the site and the house.  The Map and Area pages on both were fairly the same, the only oblivious difference is the size of each picture and the information on Wix is on a transparent background, which allows the viewer to see the bigger picture. 
While both of the programs had its ups and downs Wix seems to be the correct program for me.  Expressions looked great, clean good colors, but it lacked on the photo gallery department, and it had a clean/conservative look to my web site.  Wix was fun and the pictures looked great, making my web site modern and sophisticated.  I am extremely happy with both outcome but Wix hit my web site out of the water!! So cool to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sun