Monday, February 6, 2012

What else did I learn?

Another fun tip from the book was to make sure that the pictures that have type to choose from four different types of anti-aliasing methods.  Choosing one will depend upon on my design and how I would want to show my font in my site.  I found exciting the section on the book about rollovers and image swaps.  How the image change once the pointer is moving over it (rollover) or another image changes but not the one you expect (image swap), I have seen a few of these techniques and now I know what is called.   
Hypertext links is the most-used feature in the web, important to know this for my own site.  I guess it makes sense since is so inviting and hard not to click on one. 
Fascinating how people read on the web.  Scanning for key words or just scanning period is very interesting.  It is different reading an article online, how quickly attention and understanding is lost.  Very interesting to see all of the research done on that and how educated people read (just like everyone else) hunting for the information rather than enjoying reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sun