Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Additional Comments on readings- what else did I learn?

I really enjoyed the readings from the book.  The material was very informative and easy to relate and it had a hint of humor, just great.  The pictures were simple and fun making that visual bridge easy to understand (even my daughter got it how the web works).  I already knew some of the information but most of all I was lacking terminology from the internet world.  Learning about, URLs, browsers, and modem speeds were an eye opening.  I caught myself thinking, oh that’s how or oh that’s what it is…. It is wonderful.  The expense and work it takes to have something print or have it on the web was another interesting new finding.  But the most interesting thing for me was the fact that web pages will look different in every browser, monitor, computer, and OS combination.  The web designers have no control of how their work will look thus they don’t have the luxury that a print designer has; the ability to know they work will not change.  That was so interesting to me, and very good information to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sun