Monday, January 30, 2012

What else did I learn?

Now I know what the tech elite meant by the World Wide Web phenomenon, because it was then that any computer could read HTML files.  Oh the things I learned!!   
I enjoyed the section on the book about layers and Cascading Style Sheets or CSS.  Interesting how you can create different layers, drag them or just one in to a different position on the page. Also, they can be transparent or overlap other layers, so many choices!  Another good section was the organizing files by name.  Something that seems simple but it can be difficult if there is no organization to the file keeping.  I like the idea of keeping all the files that belong on one page together and starting with the same letter or short, descriptive word.  Organization is important so I am able to find things. 
Another interesting factoid I now know why it happens is when a web page is open sometimes the graphics are missing.  This happens because the browser cannot find it due to: the actual graphic file was not sent to the server, or was put in a different folder or the name was changed.  So, once I put an image on a web page, it is better not to change the name of the image nor change its location.  I’ll try to remember that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sun